Enhancing the Safety and Security of AI Systems
*DARPA Funded, Cybersecurity, AI
At Embedded Intelligence (EI), we believe that employing AI-enabled systems in applications of high consequence is not limited by performance, but by trust. Currently, there is a lack of quality assurance (QA) capabilities for AI systems, leaving those that seek to employ them to wonder if their systems are operating as expected. EI is addressing this fundamental limitation by developing novel QA tools that can detect safety and security issues with AI systems.
EI’s QA tools enable analysts to identify security vulnerabilities in ML-based systems and to systematically inspect a small subset of the data in production to identify when an AI system is performing out-of-spec. These powerful new QA tools are especially useful for those seeking to deploy state of the art ML safely in their systems.
The executive leadership team, consisting of Dr. Yiftach Eisenberg and Dr. Vincent Emanuele, has a long track record of bridging the gap from leading edge research to high impact capabilities for both national security and commercial applications. EI has been awarded DARPA contracts to develop and commercialize AI QA capabilities and is seeking to hire a business executive as a part of DARPA’s Embedded Entrepreneurship Initiative.
Short Job Description
Embedded Intelligence is seeking its first commercial hire into the organization, who will partner with the executive team, CEO (Yiftach Eisenberg) and CTO (Vincent Emanuele), to build out strategic partnerships, and identify beachhead markets and initial product opportunities.
Core Areas of Accountability
- Identify initial target market, its high-value unmet need and corresponding use case(s), primarily through first person research (including potential customers)
- Develop MVP product requirements, along with market entry partnerships or other supporting technology or business considerations for initial user engagement
- Develop product positioning
- Assist in the development of a business plan and go to market strategy
Key Experience Needed
- Business development in enterprise software, particularly for ML/AI or Cybersecurity
- Early-stage SaaS product management experience, ramping through $5M ARR
- Experience defining effective customer engagement and business model strategies to build a repeatable product and business model through initial customer engagements
- Fundraising from venture capital firms and/or strategic investors
Embedded Intelligence is based in Silver Spring MD. The company is open to the successful candidate working remotely with travel to the DC area as needed. This is a part-time consulting position with the potential of joining the team full time in the future pending fundraising efforts and success of the initial term in this position.