Integrating Metasurfaces and Advanced Computation Enabling Lighter and Smaller Imaging Aystems with Improved Functionality
*DARPA Funded, Optics
Tunoptix is a fast-growing startup focused on revolutionizing the way optical systems are conceptualized, designed, and manufactured using nanotechnology and semiconductor processing. We combine semiconductor-defined meta-optics with advanced, AI-based image processing and proprietary design techniques to enable next-generation cameras. Tunoptix products will expand possibilities in the fields of machine vision, consumer electronics, medical endoscopy, 3D imaging, and hyperspectral imaging.
Tunoptix is an emerging leader in meta-optics and computational imaging and was founded to commercialize disruptive meta-optical technologies developed in the research groups of professors Arka Majumdar and Karl Bohringer at the University of Washington.
Short Job Description
Reporting directly to Tunoptix’ CEO, the Director of Business Development will have the exciting opportunity to impact the product roadmap, fundraising and overall strategy of the company. They will play a key role in forming, building, and maintaining long-term relationships with our customers and partners around the world and support technology commercialization and monetization strategies.
- Seattle, WA
- Reporting to the CEO, and working with senior team to drive and implement the overall BD growth strategy
- In collaboration with senior team, define product and develop go to market strategy
- Manage relationships with Tunoptix existing customer base
- Evaluate market landscape and create new business opportunities for Tunoptix based on our unique value add proposition
- Manage Tunoptix marketing and social media presence
- Identify and initiate new BD activities and partnerships
- Support CEO with fundraising activities, develop materials, and help manage investor relationships
- Support manufacturing partnerships and supplier engagements
- 10+ years related work experience in the following sectors: imaging systems, cameras for consumer/machine vision/medical imaging, software or AI based image analysis, or optics
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical discipline and Business Master’s degree preferred
- Experience working with large companies, preferably in optics and imaging sectors
- Experience with new products in new markets and in companies with complex product development cycles
- Comfortable working directly with technical teams, and able to communicate clearly across different parts of the organization including to both technical, commercial, and investment audiences