Frequently Asked Questions
- What materials do I need to submit my application?
- Unofficial transcripts for all institutions you wish for us to consider within the application
- Information for one professional or academic reference
- Short answers to questions in the application that will assess your interest in the program, along with your experiences. Please take your time answering these questions as they will help us better understand you as a candidate
- When will I find out the next steps for my application?
NobleReach may reach out to candidates for additional information and interviews to further assess their candidacy on a rolling basis between application submission and mid-March. Finalists will be notified in mid-March and shortly after your materials will be shared with agencies and organizations. If an agency/organization thinks that you may be a good fit for the position they will reach out to you to schedule an interview. Selection as a NobleReach Scholar and participation in the program is contingent on a Finalist receiving and accepting an offer. Participation is also contingent on successful completion of a background check and/or security clearance if required by the agency/organization.
- What are the eligibility requirements?
- Recent graduate who has obtained a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution between December 2021 and August 2024
- A cumulative GPA from your most recent degree of 3.2 or higher
- Demonstrated interest and experience (jobs, internships, volunteer experiences, student organizations, etc.) in one of our five strategic domains (Artificial Intelligence, Biotechnology, Business Process Innovation, Computing & Cybersecurity, Materials & Manufacturing)
- U.S. citizen or authorization to work in the United States without employer sponsorship
- What makes someone authorized to work in the United States without employer sponsorship?
NobleReach and our prospective employers are not able to sponsor work visas. If you are a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (Green Card), or hold any other immigration status that allows you to work full-time without an employer sponsoring you, you are eligible to apply to this program.
- Do all domains have the same requirements?
While all domains are subject to the same eligibility requirements, each strategic domain has certain preferred educational backgrounds and experiences that will make you a stronger candidate. Please review the domain descriptions on the website before applying.
- Who is eligible for a security clearance?
Only U.S. citizens are eligible for positions that require a security clearance.
- What does the security clearance process look like?
If you receive an offer from a Government Agency or Company that requires you to obtain a security clearance, the agency or company will guide you through the process. General information on the process can be found here.
- What will be my salary?
NobleReach Scholars will generally have a first-year total compensation (salary from organization/agency + one-time stipend) of between $80,000 and $90,000. Compensation will vary based on location, and nature of the role.
- Will I receive relocation support?
While you will not receive funding specifically for relocation, all Scholars will receive a one-time stipend prior to the start of the program that can be used by the scholar at their discretion.
- Where will my job be located?
While many positions will be in the Washington DC Metro area, some positions may exist elsewhere within the contiguous United States.
- How will interviews take place?
All interviews will take place virtually either by phone or by web conferencing.
- Will I be able to work remotely?
This will depend entirely on where you are placed and will be something a finalist should discuss with the agency/organization during the interview process.
- How many positions are available in each strategic domain?
It will vary based on the applicant pool and its alignment with available positions.
- I’m only committing for a year, can I still participate in the program?
While the programming provided by NobleReach will only last one year, there may be positions that have longer commitments. If you end up with a position that extends past one year, there may be additional programming opportunities for you as a member of the NobleReach community and/or from other partner organizations.
- I’m interested in one of the domains, but I don’t have direct work experience in it, can I still apply?
Yes, your overall experience will be considered, however, competitive applicants will have work experience or advanced degree experience applicable to their domain.
Apply To Be A Scholar Now!
The NobleReach Scholars program develops America’s mission-driven leaders from diverse backgrounds — all united by a commitment to public service and innovation. If you’re ready to use your unique skills and passions to drive change, this unique public service path is for you.